Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Flame still burns

It's a miserable hump day here in NYC. The monsoon like conditions have me longing for the Upstate, wintry conditions I grew up on. Upon leaving my girlfriend's at 7am I was stripped not once but twice of my umbrella. As in, the wind turned one inside out, so I went back and retrieved another only to have it happen again. Fuck it, go where the wind takes you I said. I then had to wait 20 plus minutes for a cab on 2nd ave; when does that ever happen?! Needless to say, I was soaked. Not the best way to start the day. Wah, Wah, I know.

Anyway, let's get down to it. So things slow down for you mid-week? You're looking to me and my SONG OF THE DAY (read in loud, booming voice) to pick you up? Say no more! Today I present you with one of THE best, and quite possibly my favorite, hardcore band of all time. If this doesn't make you want to front flip off your office desk, I don't know what will.

I love this video for it's simplicity and because it showcases the fact that these guys were doing guitar swings way before every crappy boy band on MTV bastardized it. The 90's produced some of the best music of all time and these guys were kings of the underground for a good majority of it. Hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment